There comes a time in every child’s life when he is ready to start solid life. And when it comes to that point, you’ll be overwhelmed by the variety of options, such as Beach-Nut and Gerber Baby Food, and choose between the two.
Main Differences Between Beech-Nut vs Gerber Baby Food
Now, to answer the most awaited question: Which is the best value-for-money product? Let’s make a comparison o Beech-Nut and Gerber baby food:
- The beech-nut ingredients are organic and have no preservatives or additives, which is what Gerber Baby does.
- The Beach-Knot lid is for single-use, where the jar comes in a baby food jar that you can reuse due to the style of the lid.
- Beech-nuts are more affordable for most families, where Gerber Baby has a long shelf life
- Beech-almond ingredients are 100% organic and have no preservatives or additives, where Gerber contains baby food.
- Beech-nut jars are single-use. This is because of the lids that come with them. Gerber, on the other hand, comes in baby food jars that you can reuse because of the style of the lid.
Although both are easily available online.
- Beech-almond foods have a somewhat dense consistency, which may mean that your baby will have trouble digesting it, especially at the beginning of their weaning journey.
Beech-Nut Baby Food Review
To make healthy baby food possible, Beach-Nut uses the minimum steps between combining baby food ingredients and cooking it. This not only ensures a pleasant scent for your baby or toddler but also ensures the right kind of texture that will agree with the sensitive stomach.
No matter what foods you choose for your little one, all Beach-Nut baby foods are made with 100% natural ingredients.
The company’s goal is to make authentic baby food from real ingredients, cooked in a way that you as a parent would make it yourself. Beech-nuts use a method of mixing and purifying food before cooking and then expelling air to preserve the freshness of the food.
This means that no added ingredients are required, natural or artificial. Even bags and glass jars were clearly chosen so that the taste of the contents remained normal. That way, plastic containers are less likely to affect the taste of your baby’s food and you can be sure that glass jars are safe and BPA-free.
From ingredients picking to actual packaging, Beach-Nut seems to have taken great care of their baby food at every step.
Gerber Baby Food
Taste / Variety:
Beach-Nut Baby Food comes in yogurt, cereal puffs, granola bars, cereals, baby food jars, and baby food pouches. Flavors include apples and green beans, corn and potato chowder and mangoes, chicken, curry, and rice.
Branded foods are made for babies four months or older.
Baby Food Container Style:
Baby food comes in glass jars and pouches.
Where to buy:
You can buy it on Amazon
Why we like
- Even if you haven’t bought Organic Beach-Nut Baby Food, the ingredients are all-natural and healthy.
- Unlike other baby foods, no artificial ingredients are added.
- With glass jars, you can be sure that your baby’s food will come in safe and BPA-free containers.
- Beech-nuts contain food for children of almost all ages, including small children.
Why we don’t like
- Although glass jars are safe for content, beech-nut baby food jars are more likely to accidentally fall off and break.
- Given the variety of tastes, there may be a combination of certain foods that your child may not like, so this is a trial and error process.
Beech-Nut Customer Reviews
“I love beech-nuts! Aim for good consistency (and consistently so) and age range. Always smells and looks hungry with healthy ingredients. There is nothing to complain about and my daughter has given up. “- Annie V. Amazon.
“Two kids lived under this brand. They make a variety of good tastes. What we like most about it is how organic it is. It is also made up of only two or three organic vegetables listed in the jar. “- Amru Awesheh on Amazon.
Gerber Baby Food Review
With Gerber Baby Food, the brand ensures that the combination of different fruits and vegetables is just right for your toddler, thanks to a panel of children who check each new baby food before putting it on the shelf.
Each stage that Gerber offers brings something new to the table for children to enjoy and get acquainted with. The 1st meal is smoothed out as much as possible for easy digestion and for the most part; They do not contain too many complex fruits or vegetables to include in your baby’s diet too soon.
2nd food is equally smooth, but it has a wide variety of ingredients to improve your child’s palate. Once you’ve reached the baby and crawler stage in Gerber Baby Food, you can introduce your little one to baby food pouches and lil bits.
Gerber Lil ‘beets are thicker than other Gerber baby foods and include recipes such as Chicken ET-BT Noodle Dinner and Farmers Market Vegetable and Turkey Dinner. Unlike beech-nuts, most Gerber baby foods do not come in glass jars, but there are a variety of jars, plastic containers, and pouches to choose from depending on your baby’s preferences.
Gerber Baby Food Features
Taste / Variety:
Gerber offers baby food fruit and vegetable squeeze pouches, organic jars, small plastic containers, puffs, cereals, and cereal bars. Different food combinations include apple-strawberry-beet, pear-spinach, and herbal vegetable pasta chicken dinner.
Gerber offers food for both infants and young children, starting with children who can sit in support.
Baby Food Container Style: In addition to some glass jars, the jar provides baby food in pouches and plastic containers with peel back film and plastic lids.
Where to buy:
You can buy Garbar Baby Food on Amazon or in-store
Why we like
- Gerber baby food is much more affordable for some families than other baby foods, such as beech-nuts.
- Each stage of baby food is designed to be easily digested by different babies at the right age and developmental stage.
- Due to the reusable lids in small plastic containers for baby food, you can store leftover food later if needed.
- The first size, two ounces, is the right size for babies starting with solids.
Why we don’t like
- Gerber baby food has a much longer shelf life than other baby foods, but this may mean that it contains preservatives that some parents may not like.
- To thicken some more advanced Gerber alternatives, cornstarch is added, which may not sit well in some baby’s stomach.
Gerber Baby Food Customer Reviews
Great price and my kids love it – can’t be wrong. It is sometimes a little cheaper than the grocery store and comes to your door what more could you ask for? I’ve never had a quality problem with it. “- Laura B. on Amazon.
“So far I have bought flavored peas, carrots, butternut squash, pumpkin, and green beans. My baby loves them all. What’s more, the convenience of buying them online and delivering them in bulk to my home – so easy! “- R. Antler on Amazon.
Beech nut vs Gerber Baby Food– Which is Best
Both Beach-Nut and Gerber have some great features, but they also have some drawbacks. However, these difficulties may depend on your and your baby’s preferences.
Beach-nut baby food has fewer ingredients, uses organic ingredients, and is trying to make its supply chain as sustainable as possible. However, compared to other baby food brands, they are quite expensive. It has a more consistent consistency that can cause problems for some breastfeeding babies.
However, Gerber now has its own biological range and they are reducing the number of ingredients in their baby food. They are more affordable but have higher sugar and sodium content.
The Verdict: Beech nut vs Gerber Baby Food
At the end of the day, the most important thing is that you find a baby food that your baby enjoys and that they can easily digest. When comparing beech-nuts vs Gerber baby food, though, the strongest option seems to be beech-nuts.
Not only is it a little less expensive, but it also has fewer additives than Gerber baby food options.
Depending on your child’s preferences, he or she may prefer baby food, but it’s hard to ignore the fact that beech-nut adjustment may be easier for the little ones.
It’s a little thinner than the baby food that is there, which may be difficult for some babies to get used to, but it can also be the easiest for babies starting with solids.
Frequently Asked Questions about Beech nut vs Gerber baby food
Q: Is Gerber food bad for children?
A: Although you may think that a puree would be the perfect food for your baby, keep in mind that Gerber uses additives and preservatives in baby food that you are almost feeding your baby a teaspoon of sugar.
Q: Is home-made baby food healthy?
A: Making homemade puree and juice from fresh fruit is definitely healthier than buying pre-prepared food for your baby. However, always make sure that your baby’s diet does not exceed the recommended calorie intake.
Q: How long does beech-nut baby food last?
A: Beach-nut baby food lasts 18 months, compared to other brands that offer shaken baby food with a shelf life of 24 months, and the main reason is the lack of preservatives in the food.
The latest thought
Unless you’re giving your baby or kids healthy baby food that they enjoy, you’re doing something right. In this case, beech nuts may be a strong alternative, but both baby foods are healthy enough in their way.
Since both brands offer natural and organic alternatives, it is half the battle to find the right healthy baby food for your child. Choosing your baby’s first solid food can be difficult without deciding between two specific brands that have some obvious differences from each other. Read more